So my business is; Sitter In a Pinch, and my website HAS been sitterinapinch.net but when I began upgrading my website I found someone else in my area had taken my name and cleverly configured it so she could have a .com. So now I’ve found out that all of my marketing with the name Sitter In a Pinch including my blog is, and more than likely, being used organically to promote this other persons business! DARNIT!!!!
Thinking on my feet I quickly did some research to find if there was an alternative for me toÂ find a .com domain without having to change my name too much, and I was able to do so. My new name is Babysitters In a Pinch, and my new website is up and running already: http://www.babysittersinapinch.com
This change has been discouraging since I have business cards, car magnets, and Holiday cards with my old business name: Sitter In a Pinch. Oh well. As I’ve blogged in the past life is full of change, and this time it’s my turn.
- 18 Tools for Picking the Perfect Domain Name (mashable.com)
- 7 Ways to Get a Website’s Contact Information (iacquire.com)
- The Exact Match Domain Playbook: A Guide and Best Practices for EMDs (moz.com)
- In the Cards: 10 Memorable Business Cards and Tips for Designing Your Own (grasshopper.com)
- Business Card Basics: Creating Memorable Business Cards (staples.com)